This week Wendy picked the fun theme of "Music" and hopefully you'll come play along with us for a chance to win the wonderful prize that's up for grabs this week!
Born to Perform Stamp Set // Sheet Music Stamp (old) - Similar // Seedless Preserves Ink // Peacock Feathers Ink // Versafine Onyx Ink // Clear Embossing Powder // Tonic Stamp Platform //
I purchased the ballerina stamp set a few months ago, but haven't had a chance yet to ink it up. This challenge was the perfect opportunity to finally use it. By the way, Scrapbook.com now carries a good amount of the Visible Image stamp line, it's where I purchased mine. Shipping was fast and reasonably priced.
I started out by creating a watercolor background using distress inks (I used Seedless Preserves and Peacock Feathers Ink). I simply stamped the ink pad on my craft mat, spritzed with water and patted my card stock (I used Bristol Vellum Paper) onto the mat. Let dry and then did the next color. The ballerina was then heat embossed using Versafine Onyx ink and clear embossing powder. As usually with clear or unmounted stamps I used the Tonic Stamp Platform which is very helpful in getting a good impression. If you look really closely, you can see a purple shimmer on the tutu. After heat embossing I rubbed some Perfect Pearls powder over the tutu. The music background was done with an old stamp by Hero Arts, this stamp would be a similar option. I didn't plan on stamping the music notes with green ink, I went for the same blue/turquoise ink I used for the watercolor background, but apparently I didn't clean off my stamp last time I used it (does anyone else do this??) so it turned out to be green. But I actually like the extra color even though it wasn't planned that way. Next I stamped the words and stars which are also part of the set by Visible Image.
The hearts are from a stamp set by Stampers Anonymous.
My card also fits these challenges:
- Cute Card Thursday - Just for Girls
- We Love 2 Create - Creative/Mixed Media
- Dream Factory - Save the Last Dance
- Sparkles Forum Challenges - Stamp your own Background
- Everybody-Art-Challenge - Use a Stamp
- Aud Sentiments Challenge - Use a Sentiment
And I found A LOT of Anything Goes challenges:
- Craft Rocket Challenges - Anything Goes this month
- Pattie's Creations- ATGoes this month
- Dare 2B Artzy Challenges - Anything Goes
- heARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Always Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - Always Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - Always Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - Always Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - Always Anything Goes
- Artistic Stampers - Anything Goes
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
- Daisy Chain Challenges - Anything Goes
As Always, we'd love to have you joining us at Allsorts challenge. To link up or to see what the rest of the team made, simply visit the challenge blog. One lucky winner will receive a fun prize package of Tattered Lace dies.
Thanks so much again for stopping by, I hope you're having a great weekend! School started here this week, so we are ready for it :)
This post contains affiliate links, this means I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through the links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Are you interested in some free papercrafting classes? Click the logo below to see the list of free classes available at Scrapbook.com!